Family reunion poems

family reunion poems

poems about grandchildren



Here you'll find some poems about grandchildren.

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.
I’ll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away.
So here’s a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.

~Unkown

***

Two Sweethearts

God said, "I have something special for you,
I thought I would send one, but I just sent two."

Grandaughters they be, and it's really nice.
God thought to bless Grandpa twice.

Two little girls God sent to me,
Just how lucky can a Grandpa be?

Flooding my life with so much joy,
Girls aren't the same as a little boy.

They just love you and become apart,
Twisting like a vine around your heart.

Each one grows a little each day,
Growing up in their own little way.

Just so beautiful, like two cultured pearls,
My how Grandpa loves his two girls.

Two sweethearts I like to call them,
Gods' gift to me, I should thank him.

None so loved your Grandpa imparts,
Katelyn and Kaysi, my two sweethearts.
~Richard N. Cook

***

Granddaughter



Granddaughter is a lovely word

that always brings to mind

memories of the happiest

and very warmest kind!

Thoughts of you bring memories

for, through each passing year,

you've been the kind of granddaughter

who's especially sweet and dear.

If you could read my heart

then you would surely see

with every day that passes by

you mean still more to me.