Family reunion poems

family reunion poems

memorial poems for dad



Memories
The love we have for Granddad
Will never fade away.
We’ll think of him, our special friend
Throughout each passing day.
We’ll walk into the room
And see his empty chair;
Although we know he’s resting,
We’ll feel his presence there.
The memories of his laughter,
His warm and loving smile,
His eyes so full of happiness,
His heart that of a child.
Memories are forever
Be they laughter or of tears,
Memories we will treasure
Through all the forthcoming years.

***

memorial poems for dad #2

My Daddy

I love my daddy very much
He is so good to me,
There's no one else in all the world
As wonderful as he.
He is so very tall and strong
There's nothing he can't do.
He bats the ball; he catches it
And runs the bases, too.
All day long I work and play,
I'm busy as can be,
But after dinner every night
I climb on Daddy's knee.
He talks to me and tells me stories
Of things that used to be.
And then when I get sleepy,
He sings a song to me.


***

To my dad on his day,
Of whom I am a living will:
May your happiness fulfill
Your goodness, as is just and right.
Deeds are seeds upon the night
As wind and wonder have their way,
Delivering the destined light.