Family reunion poems

family reunion poems

Poems about divorce



Painful Tears
by Heather A. Richardson

Waiting alone in a quiet room
Bad things are what I start to assume
I wait longer and longer for the word to come
As my body starts to feel nervous and numb
The door opens and my mom comes in
I can already feel her pain from within
As she tells me he will not be here
My eyes fill up with painful tears
People always tell me that I will be fine
But divorce is hard when it's your third time
Now I don't want to see him ever again
I guess I was wrong when I thought he was a friend
He lied to me hurt me just like he did to my mother
I feel like by him I am constantly being smothered
And I hope one day he feels guilty for what he did
To a 12-year-old girl which he called his kid.

***

poems about divorce #2

Love was not enough for us,
Though we were much in love.
We started down the well-worn path,
But it was not to be.

Delight was not enough for us,
Nor tenderness that moved
Through years of angry dissonance
Towards some dark, bitter sea.

Our differences were far too great,
Our lives too far apart.
We didn't like each other much,
But put that truth aside

Until one day it was too late
To reignite the heart.
One told the other, who agreed
At last that it had died.

But then, ah, then! we felt our loss
As unremitting pain,
As deep and inconsolable,
Unbearable regret.

And all alone we had to cross
That desert once again
That we might know that we had loved
Too much to soon forget.