Family reunion poems

family reunion poems

Adoption poem



adoption poem #1


Legacy of an Adopted Child

Once there were two women who never knew each other.
One you do not remember, the other you call Mother.

Two different lives shaped to make you one.
One became your guiding star, the other became your sun.
Click Here to Learn More

The first one gave you life, and the second taught you to live it.
The first gave you a need for love. The second was there to give it.

One gave you a nationality. The other gave you a name.
One gave you a talent. The other gave you aim.

One gave you emotions. The other calmed your fears.
One saw your first sweet smile. The other dried your tears.

One sought for you a home that she could not provide.
The other prayed for a child and her hope was not denied.

And now you ask me, through your tears,
the age-old question unanswered through the years.
Heredity or environment, which are you a product of?
Neither, my darling. Neither. Just two different kinds of Love.


***

Only In America


From orphan at age seven to a home that
seemed like Heaven.
Mama's life zoomed from a bottomless
hungry pit of despair, to a seemingly
warm sun drenched day in the midst of
a frigid winter storm.
Unconditional love gently molded and
shaped an unprotesting child; yielding
the exquisiteness of a refined lady.
young, eager, intelligent, and full
of love for all mankind.
What greater gift could Mama have
received when she finally emerged from
being orphaned to dining with a
president of these great United States?

***
adoption poem #3

A Birth Mothers Promise

I promise from the first moment I knew you were there,
I would care for you with all my heart,
With our short time together we had to share.

I promise that I will provide you with all that is needed,
This means; Unconditional love, care, honesty, & prayer.

I promise when I made my final decision,
I knew what I had to do for you was right,
When our Lord blessed me with a mother's intuition.

I promise to pray that one day you will understand,
It is because I love you so much,
That I placed you in your new loving parents' hands.

I promise to watch over and love you for all of eternity,
And always remember that it's because of Jesus,
We are given this opportunity.