Family reunion poems

family reunion poems

proud of daughter poem



As I Watch You Grow
by Kay Theese
Do you know how much you mean to me?
As you grow into what you will be.
You came from within, from just beneath my heart
it's there you'll always be though your own life will now start.
You're growing so fast it sends me awhirl,
With misty eyes I ask, Where's my little girl?
I know sometimes to you I seem harsh and so unfair,
But one day you will see, I taught you well because I care.
The next few years will so quickly fly,
With laughter and joy, mixed with a few tears to cry.
As you begin your growth to womanhood, this fact you must know,
You'll always be my source of pride, no matter where you go.
You must stand up tall and proud, within you feel no fear,
For all you dreams and goals, sit before you very near.
With god's love in your heart and the world by its tail,
You'll always be my winner, and victory will prevail.
For you this poem was written, with help from above,
To tell you in a rhythm of your Mother's heartfelt Love!

***

proud of daughter poem #2

To my lovely daughter
I just have this to say
Have a very happy birthday
On this your special day

Oftimes you drive me crazy
It's like living in a zoo
You're a lazy, untidy so and so
BUT I REALLY DO LOVE YOU

Despite your new found teenage-itis
Happy 13th Birthday
Lot’s of Love From Mom

***

A precious little flower
that is in constant bloom
I watch as yet another milestone
around the corner looms.
It seems like only yesterday
that we shared a breath
but now it seems like tomorrow
you will leave and I'll be left.
A tiny little angel
that always is in flight
as soon as you came into my life
you brought me so much light.
Your beauty is so stunning
your smile makes me melt
I'm so proud to be your mommy
It's the best I've ever felt.
Oh perfect little princess
with you I'm so in love
every night before I dream
I thank the lord above.
How did I get so lucky
to have as sweet of a gift as you
If ever you should need me
there's nothing I wouldn't do.

***

My Daughter

You'll never really know, my dear,
Just how much you mean to me,
A mother's love, buried so deep,
That only my heart can see.

When I sit and really stare at you,
All I can do is grin,
Somewhere down deep inside,
I see myself within.

I'd never change a thing in you,
I thank God that your so fine,
Even when your at your worst,
I'm so proud that you are mine.

The roads we have traveled,
were not always that good,
I would take back all the pain you've felt,
Only if I could.

I know that I'm not perfect,
It's the best that I can do,
But everyday, I thank the lord,
For a daughter as special as you.